Arizona Laws and Regulations
Through our membership in the American Med Spa Association, we have access to the answers to many legal questions:
· Who can own a med spa? · If I'm not a doctor, can I share in the profits of a medical spa?
· Who can inject Botox and fillers? · Does a physician need to be on site during laser treatments?
· Who can fire a Laser? · What kind of supervision is needed for an RN in a medical spa?
· Are Botox parties legal? · Do I need to charge sales tax on procedures?
· Can a med spa use Groupon? · Does a medical spa need to obtain a license to operate?
· Who can perform microneedling? · What type of records are medical spas required to keep?
· Who can perform dermaplaning? · Can a med spa text or email confidential medical information?
· Who can perform Coolsculpting? · Is it legal to purchase botox or fillers from Canada?
· Who can perform microdermabrasion? ·Can a med spa respond to social media posts/reviews?
· Are lasers subject to OSHA requirements? · Can med spas sell retail products such as skin creams?
· What procedures can an NP, PA, RN perform? · When does a physician need to be physically on site?
· When can a spa use patient photos? · What does it mean to be HIPAA compliant?
· What decisions have to be made by a doctor? · Which medical spa procedures constitute medical treatment?
· What are kickbacks? · Can a medical spa advertise its professional services?
· What is informed consent? · In a medical spa, who can make hiring/firing decision?
· Can a medical spa use a "dba"? · What are the penalties for improperly operating a medical spa?
· Does a physician have to examine every new patient before the patient is treated at a medical spa?
Many others -- 85+ answers to Arizona medical aesthetic legal issues